Subject: Re: performa 5400/160 boot
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/12/2001 20:24:20
On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 03:09:38AM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> In <200101121616.f0CGGe017616@mirage.ceres.dti.ne.jp>
> I wrote:
>
> > Ok, I'll test macppccd.iso on my Apus.
>
> Year, I've got it. I think the problem is really quite buggy OF.
>
> Actually, it seems [CTRL]+[CMD]+[POWER] is required
> *after* the first "DEFAULT CATCH!"
> Power cycle caused the same error again. Duh.

OK, now at last I know it can boot on a OF 2.0.
Note that now that I use the rigth ID for the CD I don't get the DEFAULT CATCH
any more, just a plain hang.
I ran systemdisk to patch the OF, but this didn't help.

If there a way to create a bootable SCSI disk from a non-macppc box ?
Just dd the CD image ? I have i386 and sparc available ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>