Subject: RE: DEC 21152 Quad port Nic support?
To: 'Dave Hartnell' <Hartnell@techbc.ca>
From: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/08/2001 15:00:57
I saw something like this on the D-Link DFE-570TX quad 21143 card.

apparently Open Firmware is not initializing the IRQs for the
individual chips on the other side of the bridge.
Probably the correct fix is an Open Firmware patch?

Instead I found it expedient to hack fixpci()\pci_machdep.c
to a) recognize the card, b) determine the PCI slot# from the OF pathname
and c) initialize the irqs[0] based on slot number:
	slot	IRQ
	----  ---
	2	0x34
	3	0x35
	4	0x36
It's not pretty, but it works on G4 sawtooth with the "de" driver for that
card.

	-cliff-

---
cliff neighbors