Subject: Re: Blanking the screen on a G4 DP
To: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/06/2001 21:20:44
On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, charlie allom wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 02:35:25PM -0600, Dave Huang wrote:
> >
> > However, if anyone's interested, they're named ddc2ci-monitor-off and
> > ddc2ci-monitor-on. Here's a patch that adds support for 'em to the ofb
> > driver:
>
> that's cool! how did you 'find' them in OF?

At the OF prompt, type "dev /screen words" and it'll show you a list of
methods that are in the /screen device alias. You can then type "see
whatever" to show the Forth code for the method... on my machine, there
were things like "ddc2-monitor-off", "ddc2i-monitor-off", and
"ddc2ci-monitor-off" (I think); I just tried 'em until I found one that
actually worked :) (I think ddc2-monitor-off just returns the address to
a sequence of bytes to send out to the monitor; it doesn't do anything
by itself. I didn't actually look at ddc2i-monitor-off.)

The NetBSD/macppc FAQ <http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/macppc/faq.html#ofw-misc>
has links to the Apple Technotes on OF, which is where I found out about
the OF commands.