Subject: Re: Newbie macppc user with some problems/questions
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 01/01/2001 14:42:07
On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> I'm using
> 	boot hd:,ofwboot.elf hd:10
> all the time (on my Powerbook). It seems that it doesn't like the
> postponed ",netbsd".

I tried that, and it seems to always load the kernel from the HFS
partition, regardless of the partition number. If I "boot
hd:,ofwboot.elf hd:1234", it doesn't complain at all, and just goes to
the HFS partition...

> Hm, could be that it's a problem because your userland is not in sync
> with the kernel -- try rebuilding swapctl and replacing the one in
> sbin.

That didn't help either... Chuck Silvers explained the problem though;
I'll just remove the swap out of my fstab... 320 megs is plenty already
:)