Subject: Re: Newbie macppc user with some problems/questions
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/31/2000 19:13:00
Mutt made me believe that Dave Huang wrote:
>   boot hd:,ofwboot.elf hd:10,netbsd

I'm using
	boot hd:,ofwboot.elf hd:10
all the time (on my Powerbook). It seems that it doesn't like the
postponed ",netbsd".

> 2) Why does swapctl -A say "swapctl: /dev/wd0b: Cannot allocate memory"?
> Is there such a thing as too much swap? :) (I made the swap partition
> that size so it could be a dump partition too, but then I found out that
> macppc doesn't do kernel dumps yet...)

Hm, could be that it's a problem because your userland is not in sync
with the kernel -- try rebuilding swapctl and replacing the one in
sbin.

> 4) Also got a kernel panic while trying to compile some stuff from
> pkgsrc:
[...]
> (don't know why it's not showing the function names...)

I think the debugger isn't very good yet :(

Hope this helps,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain