Subject: Re: mesh trouble
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org, tsubai@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/22/2000 01:45:00
Mutt made me believe that Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Mutt made me believe that Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm trying to use a Yamaha CDR 100 on the external SCSI bus on a
> > Powerbook G3.  On bootup I get
> >
> > Dec 21 03:32:34 kraftlackel /netbsd: mesh: SCSI_CHECK && MESH_SENSE?
> > Dec 21 03:32:34 kraftlackel /netbsd: mesh: SCSI_CHECK && MESH_SENSE?
> >
> > and later on, when I try to use the bus, I get
> >
> > Dec 21 03:33:34 kraftlackel /netbsd: mesh0: timeout state 3
> >
> > 'Dummy' writing seems to work, and only produces the timeout mentioned
> > above, but 'real' writing doesn't work at all.
>
> The problem seems to have been that the drive didn't recognize that
> particular brand of CD-R's.

Sorry for the correction to the correction, but it seems to be mesh's
fault (or a cabling problem) after all - I tried the burner with one
type of cd-recordables on an i386-ahc and macppc-mesh -- i386-ahc
worked fine, macppc mesh gives me `mesh0: timeout state 3' as soon as
'real' commands are sent to the drive. -- dummy writing works until
the fixating step, while real writes fail before the real write
starts. (using cdrecord).

Any hints? What does 'timeout state 3' mean?

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain