Subject: Re: another question on Sonnet PCI IDE Card...
To: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/18/2000 19:29:34
On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 08:23:53AM -0800, Jojo wrote:
> hello Manuel,
>
> on your last post you told me "See the patch attached at the end (you need
> to run a 'make -f Makefile.pcidevs' in sys/dev/pci before rebuilding
> kernel)."
> i am sorry but this is a bit confusing to me. what do i do with the patch?

'cd sys/dev/pci; patch -p < <the_file_where_you_saved_the_patch>'

> do i have to run it before doing the 'make -f ....'? and if so, how do i do

yes. This will add things to pcidevs, make -f Makefile.pcidevs will regenerate
the pcidevs.h and pcidevs_data.h

> this? i hope this is not a really stupid question...  :)
> i noticed that there are a whole bunch of pciide controller in
> src/sys/dev/pci, wouldnt it be possible to add all of them and see if anyone
> of them configures the card? if i can do some testing to maybe figure this

I can tell you that none of them will configure your card for now, because
its not in pcidevs even.
make sure you also have pciide enabled in your kernel config file.

> out for future support of this card i'd be happy to do this. i also emailed
> sonnet and asked them for more info on the chipset, but no answer sofar.

Ok. If either the patch works, or you get infos from sonnet, please tell me.