Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 and Sonnet PCI IDE Card?
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@apache.dtcc.edu>
From: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/16/2000 10:30:02
sounds like bad news for me...
ok i start peeling stickers off the card:

-on the card itself, the sticker which says "Tempo Ultra ATA66" it says
"Tempro Ultra ATA66" printed directly on the board/

-right next to the big chip it says "AEC-6260M Rev:1.3" directly on the
board.

-on the small chip to the left it says (had to peel a sticker here):
"Winbond
W29EE512P-70
201146701
019GGRA"

-on the big chip in the center it says:
"ACHIP
ATP860-A
MABC02400-1
0025"

-on the back of the card there is written (had to peel sticker here):
"HL1-VO 4 94V-0
0024"

is NetBSD 1.5-current much different than 1.5 release? i guess that would be
easy to update without having to reinstall from scratch.

from what i have seen on the SIIG website the cards could be identical, but
the picture they showed wasnt really accurate. and since i just started out
with NetBSD to actually learn UNIX i wouldnt know how to woork on that
driver for the endian thing. i dont plan to dual boot that machine, the only
thing is that i would work with RAIDframe. if you, chris, or anyone else is
willing to give it some work i will give whatever info i can give. i cant do
it myself, but i would love to see this card and the drive work in my
machine. in fact it would devastate my whole project since the machine will
be used as a backup and fileserver for my little network here and i cant
afford too buy SCSI drives since they are too expensive :(

-Jojo