Subject: Powerbook Install w/ USB Zip
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Hochmeister <elhochme@student.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2000 17:37:54
Hi,

	I have a Powerbook (Pismo) and I would like to install NetBSD onto
it.  The only storage media I have is 6gig internal HD, cd and external
250meg USB Zip drive.  I was curious as to whether or not it is possible
to install NetBSD from the zip drive?  I have tried numerous times by
creating an HFS or HFS+ partition on the drive and copying the mac-ppc
tree onto the zip and setting the boot-device to the usb and boot-file to
netbsd but it keeps on telling me, can't OPEN <device> (where <device> ==
usb path struct in the device tree). [I have no idea what that error means
specifically, it can't find the file???]   I have netbsd image in the /
directory on the zip disk.  I have no idea what else to try as I have
tried everything I can think of.

	As well, I have read numerous posts about the NetBSD not working
on the Powerbook (Pismo).  Could anyone clarify this?

	Anyways, if someone could shed some light on my dilemna I would be
*extremely* appreciative.

Thanks for your time,

Eric Hochmeister
elhochme@uwaterloo.ca