Subject: mac install
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Podobensky <etsava@ccia.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/15/2000 10:08:01
I would like to know what exacly is an ffs slice? Is it when you have
multiple partitions one being a hfs? if this can be done Ill try It
using
apple drive setup  I have 1.9.2
FTP is out because I have a dialup net connection, nsf is probably out.
would just buy the cd but I don't know how well I am going to like Bsd I

wish I could try OSX but am not sure if that could be done or not

thanks for the assistance

packet ninja wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Nick Podobensky wrote:
>
> //I finally got it to succesfully boot from floppy using boot.fs I
have
> //three drives Two IDE 20GB, 10GB and a SCSI 520MB Is there any way of

> //installing off of the extra IDE or SCSI partition? Do I HAVE to buy
> //cd?
> //help would be appritiated
>
> you can install off an ffs slice on a disk, nfs or ftp.  you can also
> netboot.  these options are all explained in the install
documentation.