Subject: Re: Fwd: BootX is now in Darwin
To: Wilfredo Sanchez <wsanchez@apple.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/12/2000 19:48:31
Wilfredo Sanchez wrote:

>   The Mac OS X booter is now available in source, and has some support
>already in place which might make it easier to get it loading a NetBSD
>kernel.  If there is an interest in doing so, we could have Mac OS
>shipping with a stock booter that loads NetBSD, perhaps making some
>things easier on your work.

I'd love to see this!  No doubt there are some who would just like to see
the system boot directly into NetBSD (or some other non-MacOS system)
though.  But I suspect there are a lot of Mac users who would dearly love
to have multi-system boot capability and this sounds like an excellent
solution.  However, I can only speak for myself on this subject so I hope
others will speak up too.

-bob