Subject: Re: netatalk...help!
To: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/10/2000 23:39:18
On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 11:49:28AM -0800, Jojo wrote:
> i have the -asun enhanced version 1.3 installed. when i type atalkd its
> starting up and i can edit /etc.netatalk/atalkd.conf to restrict it to a
> certain interface. on ps -x it shows up as:
> 245 ?? S 0:00:07 atalkd
> but it doesnt state the interface as the dhclient does.

Yes, because it's not passed on the command line as for dhclient.

> it doesnt show up in the chooser and when i try connecting via ip# it doesnt
> work either.

atalkd isn't enouth. You also need afpd if you want to share files.

> what i need is a how-to that explains how to configure it once it is started
> up. the man pages arent very helpful to me (i am a novice user on unix!)
> and how do i set up a shared folder or volume? how do i set permissions? is
> there a sample script or config file for the version i am running?

Well, I don't know as I don't use this version of netatalk.
Isn't there a home page for this package ? pkg_info netatalk\* should tell
it.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>