Subject: Re: getting file sustem full message on default disklabel...
To: Jojo <info@thrill-inc.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/08/2000 03:05:58
On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Jojo wrote:

> on installing NetBSD 1.5 on my 2gb hd i selected standart with x at

	You cannot have a root partition larger than 2046MB, and chances
are you have it at like 2114MB or so. If that's not the case then it's a
file system/disklabel problem.

> i get this msg
> uid 0 on /: file system full
> and i think for /var too.

	The default disklabel has /var on the / (root) F.S. IIRC.

> i havent found a command that shows disk usage and size. or maybe there are
> still fragments of the file i tried to copy but i dont see it.
> please help anyone...

	df -kl (sizes will be in 1k blocks)
	and disklabel wd0 or sd0 as appropriate

	The output of both of those commands will be helpful to diagnose
this.

	Chris