Subject: Installation on a G3/233 DT Rev A problem with ext. scsi
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Guyot <pguyot@kallisys.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/04/2000 17:50:30
Hi all,

I would like to install NetBSD on my external Western Digital 18 GB
SCSI connected to the G3/233 scsi standard port (mesh).

When I run the installer from the floppy, just after OF, it says SCSI
something 2 seconds for devices to settle (or something like that).
Then something I cannot read that ends with dump and something and
finally rebooting.
If I poweroff my SCSI drive: it works properly. But the only disk it
can install it to is the internal disk.
If I set load-base and/or real-base to 600000/F00000, it does the same.
If I open the scsi drive in OF before running on the floppy, it does the same.

Any idea?

Paul
--
http://www.kallisys.com/