Subject: multi-port serial on NetBSD PPC
To: netbsd-port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/03/2000 11:10:16
I have some results for the Cyclades card.

I installed both 1.4.3 and 1.5 (the one on ftp.netbsd.org in the "NetBSD 1.5"
folder.  Is this beta?) on my PM 7600.  Both systems work fine without the
card installed.

For 1.4.3, if I put the Cyclades 8Y in the PCI slot, the machine will
no longer boot.  It stops right after the kernel load with:

	188963@0x100000+175996@0x2cd564
	start=0x100000
(and then the "unused" portion of the screen goes black, and no further motion)

I tried some variations of real-base, and floppy boot, and other things, but
the insertion of the Cyclades card is the determining factor.
Card in -> no worky.

For 1.5, as far as I can tell, the card works.  (more testing will
happen today)

I'll be trying to do PPP/modem dialup wih it.  Wish me luck. ;->

-dgl-