Subject: Re: multi-port serial on NetBSD PPC
To: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 12/01/2000 13:47:39
On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Donald Lee wrote:

> When looking at the 1.4.3 release change list, I noticed a fix
> for the Cyclades 4Y/8Y multi-port serial cards, implying support (!).
>
> I've been wanting (badly) to get pppd working on my PPC box, and
> in hopes of doing so with this card,
> I bought a Cyclades 8Y, and it'll be in my hands tomorrow.
>
> Has anyone actually tried one of these on a PPC box?  I want to
> use it to set up some dial-in ports.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried them on a PPC box. From checking the log
files, it looks like macppc driver support has not been added in
1.4.3. (the MI driver was fixed, but the driver wasn't referenced in the
macppc-specific driver table). The driver has been added to 1.5, which is
in the process of being released.

I have personally used the Cyclades-Z driver in my Beige G3, and it works
fine. It too is in 1.5.

Take care,

Bill