Subject: Re: Fun with 1.4.3
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Ivie <rivie@teraglobal.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/28/2000 16:44:05
> >I've also tried the 11/25 snapshot (presumably 1.5H?), but
> >that doesn't load; OF tells me "load size=0 adler32=1"
>
>It's 1.5K.
>Copy netbsd-GENERIC_MD and ofwboot.elf (or ofwboot.xcf) to an HFS zip,
>and type "boot zip:,ofwboot.elf" from OF.

Nope. I get

> open: No such file or directory
> open /pci/@d/mac-io/ata-3@20000/disk@1:0/netbsd: No such file or directory

I've tried renaming it to netbsd; no go.

hfsboot hangs after printing "start=0x8000"; but it does
the spinner thing beforehand, so I think it's loading
the kernel. I can't boot the 1.4.3 kernel with hfsboot
either (it hangs after "start=0x100000") although I
_can_ boot that one without using either ofwboot.elf
or hfsboot (it just doesn't find the ramdisk).

--
Roger Ivie
rivie@teraglobal.com