Subject: CLI mapping and Gnome problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?John=20Moore?= <johndanielmoore@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/23/2000 17:20:20
I just installed 1.5 beta2 on a 6500 ( used to use a
6400 with the 6500 as a serial console) and have a few
small problems that I can't solve.

The first is that the keyboard mapping for CLI seems
to be O.K. ( British Keyboard ) except for the fact
that I can't find the # sign. Is there some secret to
getting a key that will produce this sign?

Second problem is with Gnome . When I log in from GDM
I get the error message

Could not look up internet address for .
This will prevent Gnome from operating correctly.
It may be possible to correct the problem by adding
to the file /etc/hosts.

I don't have a host name for this I.P address. any
suggestions would be helpfull.
There are a few more problems with gnome but i suppect
that they are related to the previous error message.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Yours sincerly

John Moore