Subject: Re: Wireless interface on NetBSD HOWTO
To: Dan Winship <danw@helixcode.com>
From: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/21/2000 11:34:07
> > Has anyone here actually gotten the wi(WaveLan) interface to work? either
> > via built-in Airport of WaveLan PC Card.
>
> I've used a PCMCIA card on my i386 notebook against an Apple AirPort.
>
> Note that it defaults to ad hoc mode, and you need to use
> "wiconfig wi0 -p 1" to put it in base station mode. And "-f #" if
> the airport isn't using channel 3. And "-e 1" to turn on encryption,
> which I haven't actually tried using, so I can't say for sure that
> that works...

Dan:

Would you be kind enough to send me the config that you are using. It
seems there are some byte ordering problem in the driver. When I tried it
see the BaseStation, it's name is "mingled".

eg. if base station name is "ABCDEF"
wiconfig will show it as    "ADBECF"

are you using dhcpclient o retrieve the interface IP assignment?

jake