Subject: Re: PB G3 with NetBSD and OS 9
To: None <christian.foerster@berlinfo.com>
From: Makoto Fujiwara <makoto@ki.nu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/20/2000 22:14:15
c>> Is there any possibility to install NetBSD with Mac OS 9 on the same
c>> disk, without erasing the whole disk.

Makoto> I belive by using disklabel (-e wd0) , you can do that, while
Makoto> I am not
Makoto> sure.(looks self-contradiction..)

c> Did not work because vi is missing in the installer kernel :-(

I meant disklabe -i -e wd0, sorry. (Interactively)

Makoto> i and j are MacOS bootable partition,

c> Did you create this partion before installing NetBSD or afterwards?

I created the partition by MacOS disk utility, and install NetBSD
afterward, but not with sysinst. I did by manually.

newfs
mount
tar zxpf  ( I am not familiar with pax.)
MAKEDEV
/etc/fstab

c> How have you managed to install NetBSD on your iBook with MacOS
c> already installed?
Yes that's right. (again, but manually).

c> Is there a possibility to change  Apple_UNIX_SVR2 Partions (created
c> with Apples disk drive) into 4.2BSD partions, so that sysinst
c> recognizes it?

I am not sure, disklabel -i may allow to do it, or it won't.
I don't think I have tried yet.
---
(Makoto Fujiwara)