Subject: PB G3 with NetBSD and OS 9
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Christian =?iso-8859-1?Q?F=F6rster?= <chris@cyte.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/12/2000 23:22:44
Hello all,

I don=B4t get the "Use the entire disk or use only part of the disk"
choice in the current NetBSD 1.5.Beta 2 Installer.

Is there any possibility to install NetBSD with Mac OS 9 on the same
disk, without erasing the whole disk.

I=B4ve got an PB G3 Lomabard with a partion map as follows:

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on '/dev/ata0.0' (/dev/hda)
  #:                type name             length   base    ( size )
  1: Apple_partition_map Apple                63 @ 1
  2:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            54 @ 64
  3:      Apple_Driver43*Macintosh            74 @ 118
  4:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh            54 @ 192
  5:    Apple_Driver_ATA*Macintosh            74 @ 246
  6:  Apple_Driver_IOKit Macintosh           512 @ 320
  7:       Apple_Patches Patch Partition     512 @ 832
  8:           Apple_HFS Ohne Titel      4520142 @ 1344    (  2.2G)
  9:           Apple_HFS Ohne Titel 2    2677095 @ 4521486 (  1.3G)
10:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 /               1843260 @ 7198581 (900.0M)
11:     Apple_UNIX_SVR2 swap             472419 @ 9041841 (230.7M)

NetBSD doesn=B4t recognize the UNIX partions I=B4ve prepared for installing.

I=B4m running the installer-kernel via hfsboot from my second hfs+
partion, which is the only way of booting the installer kernel that
worked for me.

Thank you for all or any help you can give me,

Chris