Subject: Re: Random comments on installation and booting
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/09/2000 10:35:52
At 8:43 AM -0800 11/9/00, Bill Studenmund wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> > At 3:53 AM +0100 11/4/00, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> > >I also get the string 'metho' (same small font) in the lower left
> > >corner of the screen, outside of the 80x34 screen, so I can't delete
> > >it. :-(
> >
> > If you start up X it will clear all those extra pixels.  Of course X
> > is a touch unreliable on macppc.
>
>Unreliable, or not what you typically want?
>
>I've not seen reliability issues, just that it's rather stupid about
>color re-use, and it's 8-bpp.

1.5 alpha 1

Every time the machine reboots I have an X core file to clean up.

When I first set it up I tried spawning a bunch (5?) of windows
(mostly Xterms, but a clock and logo as well) and doing some generic
shuffle stuff and it crashed.  I haven't pushed it since, just using
the single xterm that comes up by default and it's OK for that.

How do you get the alternate mouse buttons with the standard Apple mouse?

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.