Subject: G4 mac-boot and OF environment
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/06/2000 17:19:47
I tried setting auto-boot? false (also auto-voot? ;-) and the screen
size variables, and maybe one or two other things.  Then I typed
mac-boot.  It went into some kind of loop where it would try two or
three different OF device paths and fail, try again, etc.

I hit the reset button on the front and held cmd-opt-o-f and looked
at the environment again.  *Everything* was reset, even though I
never actually booted MacOS.  A reset-all booted MacOS just fine as
usual.  (Not like Saturday night on my home 8500).

If I had properly booted MacOS would it *really* have left things as
I set them?  This isn't a good test, but I still find that a bit hard
to believe.

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.