Subject: Re: Booting on OFW 3 (was: OpenFirmware question: load-size=0)
To: Kretschmer, Heiko; 3276 <kretschh@vab.burda.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2000 17:25:42
At 11:17 PM +0100 11/3/00, Kretschmer, Heiko; 3276 wrote:

:)Since your discussing a similar problem I have, I would just like to ask a
:)question...
:)
:)I installed NetBSD 1.5H successfully on my G4/400 (the new series),

I don't know when the G4 (Gigabit ethernet) patches were pulled into the
source tree, so I can't say whether 1.5H is recent enough.  Assuming it is,

:)So does anyone have an idea how I get the machine booted?

I just overhauled the INSTALL documentation.  The changes have been pulled
up to the source tree and will be available in 1.5 release.  For the
moment, however, (since 1.5 hasn't been released) they're on my site:

http://costello.cnf.cornell.edu/basesrc/distrib/notes/macppc/INSTALL.html

Good luck (and let me know if there's anything wrong so I can fix it before
1.5)

  -- MW