Subject: Re: OpenFirmware question: load-size=0
To: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2000 16:57:53
At 9:45 PM +0100 11/3/00, Thomas Klausner wrote:

:)I got NetBSD net-booting. Now I just tried to boot from my MacOS CD
:)(to reinstall it using less space on the hard disc), and get:
:)
:)--quote--
:)0 > boot cd:  MAC-PARTS: LOAD (noninterposed) not supportedload-size=0
:adler32=1
:)
:)
:)LOAD-SIZE is too small
:) ok
:)0 >

Ah, yes.  I ran across this too.  MacOS does not boot from Open Firmware
the way you're trying to.  What you need to do is type `mac-boot', and it
will start its minimal OF program that searches for a MacOS "ROM" file on
any attached disk.  If you hold down the "C" key, it will look on a CD-ROM
first.

Optionally, I think what might work is if you typed (and I'm guessing here):
boot cd:,\\tbxi:

which will look on the CD for a file with MacOS type "tbxi" and any creator.

Have fun,
  -- MW