Subject: OpenFirmware question: load-size=0
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/03/2000 21:45:25
Hi!

This is not really a NetBSD problem, but this mailing has probably the
highest density of knowledgable people on this subject ;-)

I got NetBSD net-booting. Now I just tried to boot from my MacOS CD
(to reinstall it using less space on the hard disc), and get:

--quote--
0 > boot cd:  MAC-PARTS: LOAD (noninterposed) not supportedload-size=0 adler32=1

LOAD-SIZE is too small
 ok
0 >
--end quote--

where I typed `boot cd:' and the rest of the output was generated by
OpenFirmware.

Any hints what this means, and how I can fix this?
I did never knowingly change a OpenFirmware variable, only did some
netbooting by pressing 'N'; this is on a G3/Lombard.

Thanks,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check.