Subject: Re: Maybe OF 1.0.5 isn't so bad. No, Never Mind.
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 11/01/2000 13:12:58
At 3:25 PM -0500 11/1/00, Michael Wolfson wrote:
>At 12:12 PM -0800 11/1/00, Henry B. Hotz wrote:
>:)on an 8500 that had a boot test CD-ROM in it and it worked!
>:)Now the punch line:  I had boot-device set to fd:0 and I also had a
>:)boot floppy in the machine.  The only error message was "no open
>:)package".
>
>Actually, if you type an improper boot command, it will boot from the
>device set in boot-device.

Yeah that was pretty obvious when it stopped working when I changed
the boot-device var.

>:)If anyone wants to put
>:)up ISO images to try (less than 2MB please) I'll see if I can get to
>:)them in a reasonable amount of time.
>
>Try
>http://www.blobulent.com/~mw/netbsd-macppc.iso
>
>I created this with Toast for MacOS.  It's 1.4 MB in size, and has two

Exact options?  I'm using Toast 3.(5 I think).  ISO Level 1.  No Mac
(or other) extensions.  No appended version numbers either.  I guess
I'm not positive of the exact heritage of the ofwboot, etc I'm using.

Is anyone going to do a man page or a FAQ on ofwboot operation?  I
wrote up a brief thing that might almost serve and posted it to the
list a while ago.  Or does it have a man page in 1.5 beta and I just
haven't seen it yet?

Signature held pending an ISO 9000 compliant
signature design and approval process.