Subject: Re: problem booting 7500
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2000 11:37:21
At 11:24 AM -0500 10/31/00, mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

:)I managed to boot the 1.4.2 floppy once on the machine and am now trying
:)to boot from a 1.5_BETA cd.  I placed 'ofwboot.xcf' and a kernel in the /
:)directory of the CD.  The CD does not have a HFS partition.  The CD-ROM
:)drive is on the external scsi bus.
[...]
:)0 > boot scsi/sd@4:0,ofwboot.xcf unrecognized Client Program formatstate
:)not valid
:) ok

Odd.  You're the second person I've heard from with this problem.  What
command are you using to make your CD-R image?  Try
http://www.blobulent.com/~mw/netbsd-macppc.iso

I created this with Toast for MacOS.  It's 1.4 MB in size, and has two
files: NETBSD.GZ and OFWBOOT.XCF
The kernel is the one extracted from the 1.5_ALPHA2 boot floppy.

:)Is 'ofwboot.xcf' working in the 1.5_BETA snapshot?

Yes.

  -- MW