Subject: Re: 8500/G3 internal HD boot failure
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/31/2000 11:36:13
On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 11:31:18AM -0500, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> Actually, there is a fix that will be (has been?) committed which fixes
> this.  Last week Monroe Williams kept compiling kernels till he found out
> which day this was broken, and what it was (a G3 sleep issue).

This is something different, I think.  It looked like OF wasn't even
getting as far as attempting to load the kernel--it gave several
"resetting scsi bus" messages, then a DEFAULT CATCH!  It could be
something with the drive, but it booted just fine with the 604 CPU
card installed.

I think the G3 sleep (nap vs. doze) is something else.  I've also
got that fix in place here.

-allen