Subject: Re: X :(
To: Bob Nestor , Jeff <jhergan@home.com>
From: Gregory Smith <wolfy@treellama.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/23/2000 00:18:25
	I run the VNC server off a headless/mouseless/keyboardless netbsd/alpha
box, which I boot with a serial console. The VNC server itself is an X
server; even if X won't run locally (which it won't on turbochannel alphas)
VNC will start up and give you an X desktop. I use the mac client, which is
ok, but not as nice as the PC or unix clients.
	MacX 2.0 is nice, too, definitely more polished than MI/X or eXodus. I
prefer VNC, though. Over my 10 Mb/s ethernet it seems more responsive than
any of the other solutions.

Gregory

--On Sunday, October 22, 2000 8:27 PM -0500 Bob Nestor