Subject: Re: Netbooting with OF 1.0.5 again...
To: Rod Morehead <rmore@rmore.net>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/21/2000 20:20:23
At 3:18 PM -0500 10/21/00, Rod Morehead wrote:

:)My guess is that the OF based internal SCSI bus driver code has a
:)timing issue which shows up because of the increased speed of the G3
:)upgrade. I was able to "dial" my upgrade card down too about 180Mhz
:)and have it boot from the internal, but at that speed why bother.

I tried the same (set my G3 to 180 MHz, using a 40 MHz motherboard bus
speed), and it didn't fix any of the SCSI bus problems I was seeing.  I'm
still pretty convinced that it's a G3 issue.

In any case, I *really* hope that this is fixed for 1.5.

  -- MW