Subject: Re: Sorry state of affairs
To: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/12/2000 15:45:36
At 2:00 AM +0900 10/13/00, SUNAGAWA Keiki wrote:

:)So, I've put the kernels into my WWW page area.  You will
:)find them at:
:)
:)http://www05.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ba2/kei_sun/NetBSD/macppc/netbsd-GENERIC.gz
:)http://www05.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/ba2/kei_sun/NetBSD/macppc/netbsd-IBOOK.gz

Thank you! Both work on my PowerBook 2000 as well.  There is a ~20 sec
pause when the kernel hits
adb0 at obio0 offset 0x16000

and if I hit a key on the keyboard before it has moved on, the keyboard
doesn't work.  If I'm patient, then it works fine.

BTW (this is probably altogether different), the kernel recognizes my iMate
as both a wskbd and wsmouse (which it should), but it doesn't pick up any
of my typing.  Does this require any configuration, or should it
automatically work?

:)-IBOOK is the kernel i'm using on iBook daily.  -GENERIC is
:)just built from current source as of today, works on iBook.

Awesome!  I'm glad it's in -current.  Will these changes be pulled up to
1.5?  It'd be a shame to ship 1.5 and not support iBook and PowerBook 2000.

BTW, is there any chance that macppc has support for the Adaptec Slim SCSI
1480?  the netbsd-GENERIC kernel you sent me only says:
(manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0) Adaptec APA-1480 Ultra (SCSI mass storage,
revision 0x03) at cardbus0 dev 0 function0 not configured

I kinda need this if I want NetBSD to be useful on my PowerBook (my 6 GB HD
is full of MacOS stuff).

Thank you, good work!
  -- MW