Subject: Re: Boot failures with MESH SCSI bus
To: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw@costello.cnf.cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/12/2000 11:05:05
At 9:34 AM -0400 10/12/00, Jake Luck wrote:

:)So as of today, I am still living with the 20000205 kernel.
:)If you manage to get around this, there are many people on
:)the list who would be happy to learn more about it.

Nope.  I couldn't get around the problem.  In fact, I couldn't even get my
system to boot when I moved the CD-ROM to the "external" NCR SCSI bus.  It
seems that the kernel (when it recognizes it at all) does not think it's a
CD-ROM and gives it a fictitious geometry.  This means that I cannot
install from a CD-ROM with the distribution sets on it.

Isn't the MESH used on all "original" PCI PowerMacs, as well as the Beige
G3's?  Shouldn't someone look into this being broken for this many months?

  -- MW