Subject: Still stuck running 20000205 snapshot -- somebody please help
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/11/2000 12:37:51
I'm still stuck running the 20000205-current snapshot, since everything
later (including a build from souces supped Oct. 9) won't boot.

i.e.:

mesh0 at obio0 offset 0x18000 irq 13: 50 MHz, SCSI ID 7
scsibus1 at mesh0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
probe(mesh0:0:0) Sense Error Code 0x0
mesh: timeout state=3
mesh: resetting dma

and no further.

About once a month since sometime in March I've been building new kernels,
just to see if someone has fixed this problem.  I've also tried several
kernels from binary snapshots, all with the same result.

I tried looking at the problem myself, but I don't know enough about the
scsi subsystem to even figure out where the problem is happening.

This is on a 7500 with a Newer Tech G3 upgrade card.  Running the snapshot
that works, it's completely solid (no SCSI errors, runs until I shut it
down, etc.).  I've done the "setenv real-base F00000" trick.

Please help,
-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                         monroe@pobox.com