Subject: Re: Mac 9150 Server Support ?
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/09/2000 11:50:09
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

> The largest problem is that one needs MacOS in order to boot this
> machine since it does not have OpenFirmware as the PCI based PowerMac's
> do. The only viable option to booting at this time is the MkLinux booter
> application.

Well, I'd call the MkLinux Booter non-viable.  The only one really viable
is BootX, the open-source app that works for MkLinux, but was written for
LinuxPPC originally.

In the meantime, the original poster could consider MkLinux.  It's not
BSD, but it is....  (Take a look at the drivers, the vm system.... ;-)
It's just a bit different in userland, but not that hard to get used to.

Later,
David

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.