Subject: performa 6360 help
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: jhergan <jhergan@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/07/2000 20:51:17
Can someone with a Performa 6360 tell me how to make the boot.fs floppy
boot from OF 2.0?
I tried about every combination of commands I can muster and it always
fails.
For example, I tried:
boot fd:0,ofwboot.xcf
boot fd:0,ofwboot.xcf -a
boot fd
boot
and too many other options to even bother listing them all.
A very thorough search of the list archives gave no happy results and
after getting NetBSD running on my Powerbook I really want to install it
on the Performa.
Or is there some link explaining the intricacies of figuring out the OF
commands and devices and aliases?  I visited the two links attached to
the OF How-To (or was it the SystemDisk how-to?) but it didn't say
anything specific enough to be helpful.
So please, if someone can tell me how to trouble-shoot this or give me a
simple command, I'd be thrilled.  Right now I'm going to go bang my head
off a wall...
Thanks,
Jeff

Or, if someone can tell me how to use a cd, that might work.  The
Performa has a bult-in cdrom, and I have a disk burned with:
OFWBOOT.XCF (yeah, all caps on the disk)
burned onto it, and I could/should be able to use that too, or so I
thought....