Subject: newbie post-install/OF question
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: JHS <jhergan@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/04/2000 15:46:19
Hi,
I installed NetBSD 1.42 on the built-in hard drive in my Powerbook G3 (1998)
266, OF version 2.01. But I can get it to boot.  My understanding is that I
need ofwboot.xcf to boot the kernel.  But where is that file?  Is it installed
with NetBSD?  My impression is: no.  So then I figured I'd boot into OF and use
a floppy with ofwboot.xcf.  But then I can get into ofwboot, and I can get a
boot:
prompt.  How do I direct ofwboot to the kernel?
From what I can tell, NetBSD named my partitions /dev/rwd0a (root) and rwd0g
(usr), plus the swap partition.  Would I just type (at the boot prompt) the
full path to the kernel that I assume is installed on my root partition?
I'm really at a loss as to how to make this thing boot.  And I would be most
grateful for any help you might be able to provide.  I've been able to manage
my way around in other *nix platforms without much problem, but this really has
me baffled.

Thanks,
Jeff