Subject: NICs (un)supported
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/04/2000 16:21:20
hi again,

running 1.4.2 on my powerbook, and noticed that when i booted from
the INSTALL kernel of 1.5ALPHA2 one of my pcmcia NICs was recognized.
a 3Com 3C589C. whoo! tho i use this one for my newton mainly :)

my other NIC, which i bought in the hopes of using as the 2nd NIC on
my new powerbook gateway, is a 3Com 10/100, model: 3CCFE575BT-D

this isn't recognised in 1.4.2 or 1.5ALPHA2. has anyone used - or
come across this card before? i think it is cardbus, and not pcmcia,
like my 10BaseT NIC. ive been told you can tell by a metal strip
above the slot.

c.
--
charlie@rubberduck.com