Subject: using sysinst after a diskless netboot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Marsden <emarsden@mail.dotcom.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/03/2000 21:43:41
Hi,

I am trying to install NetBSD on a Powerbook G3 with bronze keyboard
(Lombard). This has no internal floppy, and the USB floppy drive is
not bootable, and there aren't any bootable CDROM images, so I have
followed the instructions in the Diskless HOWTO to do a diskless
install.

I was now hoping to be able to install to the disk via FTP using
sysinst, but it doesn't seem too be installed with the base sets, and
I haven't been able to find a binary on the FTP site. I guess I could
extract sysint from the floppy image, but don't know what type of
filesystem that uses (nor even whether I have a machine which can
mount it).

Please help!

PS: the kernel goes into reverse video halfway through the boot, after
which the screen becomes pretty much unreadable on the powerbook. Is
it possible to disable that?

--
Eric Marsden                          <URL:http://www.laas.fr/~emarsden>