Subject: Re: Beige G3 OFW ROM Update
To: None <mw@blobulent.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/03/2000 08:25:52
On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> At 9:14 AM -0400 10/2/00, you wrote:
>
> :)	Last week I bought a $40 "Rev. B" OFW ROM chip upgrade for my
> :)Beige G3/DT/233 from OWC [Other World Computing] (OF 2.0f1 orginally, the
> :)Rev. 1 G3 logic board).
> :)
> :)   Here's the run down on pertinent info:
> :)
> :)Still OFW 2.0f1
>
> [groan].  OF reports it as being identical to the "Rev. A" OFW ROM?  Is
> there *any* means of identifying which version is present?  Even if it's
> visual inspection, it at least gives me room in the model list webpage to
> describe which rev works/doesn't work.

	Yes thankfully there is, the Rev "A" ROM is version $77D.40F2 and
the Rev "B" ROM is version $77D.45F1. There is probably a way to tell this
other than Apple System Profiler, (actually in OFW), but I haven't looked.

> Nevertheless, glad to hear there's a way to get the early G3's working.
>
>   -- MW

	Well... heh hopefully working == booting NetBSD from ATA in OFW
soon, when I remember what the hell I did to make it work. *slaps
forehead*

	Chris