Subject: Re: Beige G3 OFW ROM Update
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 10/02/2000 19:12:46
"Henry B. Hotz" wrote:
<snip>
> So you are saying the upgrade did not change anything?

	It fixed netbooting (as I mentioned, though it wasn't really
"broken" persay, if you don't mind waiting 15 minutes for it to load
the 56k ofwboot.xcf while tftp_timeout fills your screen). It now auto-
matically figures out which graphics device to use (you use to have to
enter it with bootvars/SystemDisk if you have an add in card). It fixed
master/slave IDE in MacOS, though I have not yet been able to initialize
with Drive Setup, FWB HDT works. Everything save FWB HDT was mentioned
in my email. There was also a note in OWC's web site that it fixed a
few things pertaining to CPU ZIF upgrades, though I can't comment on
that since I don't have one. Do you consider all that not changing
anything or am I reading incorrectly?

	Chris