Subject: Re: OF question for install on G4
To: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/27/2000 09:40:25
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Rene Salmon wrote:

> This is the message I get when I first go into OF
>
> Apple PowerMac3, 1.2.2f1 BootROM built on 01/28/00 at 17:54:48
> Copyright 1994-2000 Apple Computer, Inc
> All Rights Reserved.

Yeah, that would look like version 1.2.2f1...

Oh, that is verison 1.2.2f1 of the BootROM, I think.

What does everyone else think?

The problem is that we have started to divide the machines into three
groups, OF 1, OF2, and OF 3. OF 1 is everything before the G3's. OF 2 is
the Beige G3's, and OF 3 is everything iMac and later. Your machine is
definitly in the latter group, which wouldn't be indicated by version
1.2.2f1 OF. Among other things, the fact you can load ofwboot.elf
indicates that (OF 1 & 2 couldn't load elf files).

Thanks for the info!

Take care,

Bill