Subject: Re: OF question for install on G4
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/26/2000 20:47:28
Hello,

	I have managed to install NetBSD thanks to the following info
probided by Mike Bush.

>>I also have a G4 450 AGP. If you have a cd burner download
>>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/isofs.20000620-1.5 and burn
>>it to CD (its an .iso file). I did all my partitioning during the NetBSD
>>install.

>>To install off cd:
>>boot cd:,ofwboot.elf

Once the install is done I can boot the haddrive with this

>>I always leave the boot cd in the machine. When I reboot I enter OF and
>>type
>>this:

>>boot cd:,ofwboot.elf hd:0

During the install process I was forced to repartition my drive form the
NetBSD install program. Now I can no longer see the drive nor the
unused partitions in macOS.  I was told and I also read on the list
archives that macOS and NetBSD can not live together on the same disk.  I
just want to know if there has been any progres in making this possible?

Also I have X working but I can only get 8 bit color wich is not very
good.

Thank you for any info you can give me

Rene