Subject: OF question for install on G4
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/25/2000 14:24:12
Hello all,

	I just bought a G4 the one with only one processor.  I am trying
to get Netbsd installed on it and I have some questions that maybe some of
you can help me with.

OF version 1.2.2f1

I think the mac I have is a Sawtooth G4 450(AGP)

I am trying to install netbsd-1.4.2

I have partitioned the 20GB drive into 5 parts using macos disk utility

partition 8 = mac HFS+ for macOS9
partition 9 = A/UX Swap (Apple_UNIX_SVR2) partition for NetBSD swap
partition 10= A/UX Root (Apple_UNIX_SVR2) partition for NetBSD /
partition 11=hfs +
partition 12=hfs+

now I copied ofwboot.elf and netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz to the root of patition
8 the macos9 partition.

at the OF prompt I type

	0> boot hd:8,ofwboot.elf

this is what I get

	0> boot hd:8,ofwboot.elf load-size=e738 adler32=31799a9

	Loadin ELF

	>>NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.1
	>>(toddpw@leia.toddpw.net, Wed Mar 15 23:55:57 PST 2000)
	open /pci@f2000000/@d/mac-io@7/ata-4@1f000/disk@0/netbsd: No such
file or directory
	Boot:

I tryed typing

	Boot: netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz

I get this

	open /pci@f2000000/@d/mac-io@7/ata-4@1f000/disk@0/netbsd-GENERIC_MD.gz :
No such file or directory

Can someone please e-mail me a clue as to what to do from here.

Thank you for all or any help you can give me

Rene

 -
--
        Rene Salmon