Subject: Re: Megahertz XJEM3336 Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA Card on a PowerBook
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/20/2000 15:11:16
>>       mhzc0 at pcmcia function 0: Megahertz X-JACK Ethernet Modem
>>       mhzc0: unable to allocate space for Ethernet portion
>
>This is famous: probably the Ethernet attachment needs more PCMCIA iospace
>than is (still) available to the pcmcia or cardbus instance. I see something
>similar with wavelan cards on i386, depending on the bus where this pcmcia
>function attaches there are options to set this. I use
>
>pcic0	at isa? port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x10000
>
>(note the iosiz) for an ISA base controller, but your mac probably has
>something else there. If you give us the dmesg output from the bus controller
>(a few lines above the ones you quoted) we could look up how you can configure
>this in your case.
>

>Martin

OK, here's the dmesg output listing everything back up the chain from
the mhzc lines.  I omitted things net referenced in the mhzc chain
such as the drives or keyboard, etc.  Since the computer can't get on
the network, this is a retyping of the listing.  Anything really
strange may be a typo.

mainbus0 (root)
bandit0 at mainbus0
pci0 at bandit0 bus 0
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled
cbb0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
Bridge (rev. 0x04)
cbb1 at pci0 dev 19 function 1: Texas Instruments PCI1130 PCI-CardBus
Bridge (rev. 0x04)
cbb0: interrupting at irq 22
cbb0: cacheline 0x8 lattimer 0x20
cbb0: bhlc 0x822008 lscp 0x20000000
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 0 device 0 cacheline 0x8, lattimer 0x20
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
cbb1: interrupting at irq 23
cbb1: cacheline 0x8 lattimer 0x20
cbb1: bhlc 0x822008 lscp 0x20000000
cardslot1 at cbb1 slot 1 flags 0
cardbus1 at cardslot1: bus 0 device 0 cacheline 0x8, lattimer 0x20
pcmcia1 at cardslot1
mhzc0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Megahertz X-JACK Ethernet Modem
mhzc0: unable to allocate space for Ethernet portion

--

Eric Damien Berna
Thiel Design