Subject: Re: Megahertz XJEM3336 Ethernet/Modem PCMCIA Card on a PowerBook 2400
To: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/20/2000 21:06:00
>      mhzc0 at pcmcia function 0: Megahertz X-JACK Ethernet Modem
>      mhzc0: unable to allocate space for Ethernet portion

This is famous: probably the Ethernet attachment needs more PCMCIA iospace
than is (still) available to the pcmcia or cardbus instance. I see something
similar with wavelan cards on i386, depending on the bus where this pcmcia
function attaches there are options to set this. I use

pcic0	at isa? port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 iosiz 0x10000

(note the iosiz) for an ISA base controller, but your mac probably has
something else there. If you give us the dmesg output from the bus controller
(a few lines above the ones you quoted) we could look up how you can configure
this in your case.

Martin