Subject: Re: imac netboot/problem question
To: Peter Eisch <peter@boku.net>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/13/2000 11:24:23
"Peter Eisch" <peter@boku.net> wrote:

Peter> I'm trying to netboot an imac dv 256M/12G and nuthin
Peter> fancy.

Well, iMac DV is UniNorth-based, which was supported after
1.4.2, so you want to try newer version.  I'd suggest
1.5_ALPHA2 snapshot to check if it boots successfully, but
there is one thing to tell.

On the above machines (yes, not only iMac DV...), wdc driver
has to flush the cache manually to prevent from filesystem
corruption.  Tsubai-san solved the problem, but the fix
wasn't committed yet, IIRC.

Peter> is the because there's an abundance of ram or
Peter> something else?

It can be too, though I have no idea about this.

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <Keiki_SUNAGAWA@yokogawa.co.jp>