Subject: Choosing a Unix
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Jeffrey Tucker <mtucker@fas.harvard.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 09/06/2000 11:27:57
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:15:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Jeffrey Tucker <mtucker@fas.harvard.edu>
To: mklinux-setup@public.lists.apple.com

Hi all,
  I was wondering if someone could offer some advice or point me at a FAQ
about picking a UNIX distribution for a beige G3. I am currently running
NetBSD on an 68k machine, and mklinux on a 7200. Now I am looking at
setting up a machine that I will be using heavily under X. I'd say that
rules out NetBSD because the graphics support seems minimal. I
want something secure, I want something decently fast, and I want
something that will work well with X applications am I out of luck? ;)

  Well, if anyone has a recommendation I would love to hear it, just drop
me a line. To an extent this will be my experimental box, I will probably
end up screwing it up royally, but as my desktop machine it'll be my
little toy so it will be ok.

Thanks,
Mike