Subject: Changing the keyboard layout under netbsd (console & X)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Jean-Sebastien ROY <jean-sebastien.roy@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/24/2000 02:10:21
I've installed netbsd 1.4.2 on my PM 8600 and everything works fine... except the keyboard layout.

I use a french (azerty) adb keyboard.
I tried to change the keyboard mapping for the console, but the console becomes dead when I type : wsconstl -k -w encofing=fr

I tried to change the keyboard mapping under X but I did not succeed.
(I found an 'fr' xkb symbols file, tried various configurations recommended for linuxPPC, MkLinux, ... none worked)

Could someone explain me how to configure netbsd for a french keyboard ?

thank you very much in advance !

js
Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
but that is not the reason we are doing it
- Richard Feynman