Subject: Re: Please help me!1
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: Jaron Omega <inphrared@ephemeron.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/23/2000 18:55:55
On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, David A. Gatwood wrote:

>On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Jaron Omega wrote:
>
>> Assuming this Mac is running NetBSD, I have been to
>> dialpad.com and much to their misfortune, they do not
>> provide unix/linux/<insert something here>ix java binaries.
>
>I thought the whole point of Java was that programs were
>non-platform-dependent....

True, however this java has to access hardware.  In this case,
probably a microphone, and a speaker.  That would/could be
system/OS dependent.  If I'm totally wrong, cool beans.. let me know.
But as far as their concerned or however they did it, their java
code doesn't run on anything but MacOS or Windows.

>> So, either you venture to that site with Windows or MacOS,
>> or no dialpad for you.
>

>Later,
>David

Jaron Omega